Dental Implants in Sparta
Perio Implant Specialists of NJ provides dental implant services in Sparta, NJ. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 973-729-9392 or contact us today.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium, a biocompatible material that fuses with the bone in your jaw to create a solid anchor for a prosthesis. Dental implants are the best option available for replacing missing teeth because they are the only solution that replaces teeth both above and below the gum line. The result is a strong restoration that looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth and prevents bone loss in the jaw. We offer a number of different dental implant procedures, from single tooth dental implants that replace one tooth to full implant-supported dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are considered to be the highest quality tooth replacement option because of their many benefits:
- Natural function. A dental implant functions more like a natural tooth than any other restoration option. Because it includes an artificial root for support, it provides the bite strength and chewing force of a healthy, natural tooth.
- Natural appearance. Dental implant restorations look natural because they are embedded in the jaw bone like a natural tooth root. When combined with a high quality prosthetic, often made of porcelain to resemble tooth enamel, a realistic appearance is achieved.
- Preserves bone structure. Once the titanium implant fuses with the bone, it gives the jaw bone extra support, preventing it from weakening and dissolving as it would have done due to the missing tooth root.
- Can last a lifetime. With proper care and maintenance, a dental implant can last for the rest of your life.
- Versatile. Dental implants can be used for a variety of restorations. They can provide support for a single crown, a bridge, partial dentures, or full dentures.
Dental Implant Restorations We Offer
We provide the following dental implant restoration options:
Single Tooth Dental Implants
A single tooth dental implant is a restoration that includes an implant post or screw to replace the root of a missing tooth, a dental crown, and an abutment piece to connect the two. Unlike a traditional bridge, a single tooth dental implant does not require any support from adjacent teeth, making it a better option for your oral health.
Implant Supported Bridges
When three or more adjacent teeth are missing, an implant-supported bridge can be used to replace them. Two dental implants are used to replace the outermost missing teeth; these are then used to support a porcelain bridge.
Implant Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are used when all or most of the teeth on an arch are missing. They can be full or partial; fixed or removable (also known as snap-in dentures). While traditional dentures require adhesives or pastes to hold them in place, implant-supported dentures are anchored by two or more dental implants, making them more stable and comfortable.
Full Arch with Only Four Implants
This procedure allows patients who are missing an entire upper or lower arch of teeth to replace them all using only four dental implants for support.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you have one or more teeth that are missing or need to be replaced, you may be a good candidate for dental implants. In order to be ready for dental implants, you must have enough jaw bone structure to support them. If your tooth or teeth have been missing for a while, the jaw may have deteriorated too much to support an implant. In this case a preparatory procedure called bone grafting can help.
A bone graft procedure involves the placement of a bone fragment under the gum tissue on top of the bone. It provides support and encourages regeneration of the existing bone. Once this procedure has had the desired effect, your jaw bone should be ready to receive one or more dental implants.
Why Choose Perio Implant Specialists of NJ?
For over 20 years, Dr. Cabassa has been providing top quality periodontal services, including dental implants. Using the latest technology and current best practices, we set a standard of excellence in the field of implant dentistry. We provide proper placement of implants for the best chance of success, providing restorations that can last a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
Call 973-729-9392 or contact us today to learn more and schedule your appointment.